Sheri is a skilled therapist. Her compassion and love radiates through Sheri's work in her private practice. I have had the pleasure of working with Sheri for 12 years and her innate and dynamic way of working with people; coupled with her experience and education makes her an excellent therapist. What a pleasure and wealth of knowledge it has been to work with Sheri.
- Stephanie Mackie, Child & Youth Care Worker
I have been a colleague of Sheri Phillips for several years and I look foward to many more years of enjoying this mutually beneficial professional relationship. What continually strikes me about Sheri is the deep level of caring that she expresses for the welfare of her clients. Most evident to me is both how Sheri cherishes the relationships that she develops with her clients as well as her gentle and encouraging approach. Sheri truly believes that her clients have the ability to make improvements in their lives and that they will make these improvements. Sheri's work with her clients is fundamentally based on respect, an egalitarian relationship, and a strong adherence to ethical codes. Sheri is a highly skilled counsellor and her therapeutic skills particularly shine when she works with clients that have experienced traumatic events in thier lives.
- Suzzanne Johnstone, M.A., Counsellor
Sheri Phillips is excellent in her work as a psychotherapist and counsellor. Her warm and non judgmental personailty combined with her training, skill and high competence inspires my confidence in referring clients to her care.
- David McKenzie, Ph.D., RRC, AASECT (Certified), ACS (Certified)
- Before working with Sheri, I was resigned to the fact that deep down I would never feel completely "normal". I felt that, because of my childhood experiences, I was destined to always have a little hangover of loneliness and sadness, deep in my soul, even in happy times. Since working with Sheri I recognize that the way I feel in certain everyday situations is a result of negative past experiences and that I can learn how to heal myself by integrating those experiences into my adult world. I now have hope that I will soon put the nagging feeling of emptiness and needless suffering behind me.
- The past few years since the assault have been very difficult for me. Since I have been working with Sheri she has taught me so much about myself. I finally understand why I react the way I do and now thanks to Sheri I can calm myself down easily without getting anxiety and/or panic attacks. I finally really value the person I am today and understand that the assault is in no way my fault. Although I am far from recovering completely. I am definitely a better person because of my work with Sheri. I now look forward to the future as loving the person I know I am deep down.
- Sheri Phillips is a kind, warmhearted person. Her genuine and caring personality shines through into her work as a counsellor. Over the past year, Sheri's non judgmental and compassionate guidance has helped me grow and overcome many difficulties. I'm never afraid to just be myself with her and her advice and care is always genuine. She's helped me build up my self esteem and overcome mountains of depression and anxiety. She's honest, authentic, and I can feel that she truly cares. I've come so far with her help. Sheri has helped me find myself and feel happy to be who I am.